Try rebuilding your iTunes library. iTunes is supposed to do this when you upgrade it, but it appears it did not properly work this time.
You can force iTunes to rebuild your library. Apple has a technote that describes how to do this. In essence, if you delete the corrupted file, iTunes will go through the necessary steps to create a "fresh" library. You won't lose any music, but you may need to recreate some preferences.
Here is what one person did:
I located the itunes library in Finder. I then moved it by dragging it onto the desktop. I then opened the itunes app. It opened because it created a new library, an empty one, but at least now iTunes can be opened. Next, I went to the iTunes drop menu and selected "Check for Updates". This updated iTunes. After the update was complete I then opened Finder again, deleted the new empty Library that itunes had created. Then I dragged my old iTunes Library from the Desktop back into its proper place. Restarted iTunes and Viola all my playlists were back!
No comments:
Post a Comment